Upstart Paul Foley, who raised funds this past summer.
1. What are you currently working on?
Nimbus, it serves two functions. It allows business owners to find and compare cloud applications that help their business get customers, scale, and become more productive. Nimbus also provides consulting services to help businesses set up and run their business critical applications as well as expand their business through internet marketing, SEO, and online advertising.
Nimbus arose from the problem companies have in finding the tools that will actually help their business. It’s time intensive to read research reports, demo various software, and get biased advice from Sales Reps. Also once the cloud application is selected, to have the full benefit, it needs to be implemented correctly. That’s where our services come in. We help businesses get up and running to their fullest potential.
2. What has been the most surprising part about being an upstart?
The amount of attention I have received for being in the program. Upstart opens doors for connecting with the people I would have never imagined I could connect with.
3. What advice would you give to people considering becoming upstarts?
If you have a business idea or need money to get training, I highly recommend the program. It’s a great way to get started on your passions now, so you don’t have to wait for someday.
4. If you were to declare a personal motto, slogan, or battle cry for 2014, what would it be?
YOLO!… jk, Something along the lines of Think, Plan, Act, Persist, Repeat. Not overwhelming motivational but it’s the framework I use for my life.
5. A year from now, what personal/ professional achievements do you hope to be celebrating?
A year from now I want to be celebrating the achievement of 50 clients, 10 full time consultants, and the Nimbus site showing up as Number 1 on Google for the search word “cloud apps.”
6. When have you been most satisfied in your life?
When I studied abroad in Sydney Australia. I lived in a 30 person house of exchange students and met some amazing people. I was able to travel all over Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji with a few good friends. Everyday was a new adventure and led to a lot of personal growth I would have never had if not for this experience.
7. If you could have either the ability to fly or be invisible, which would you choose? Why?
That’s easy, Fly! Then I could travel all over the world for free.